In only a few simple steps you will be ready to begin both receiving electronic payments from your customers and paying all your bills online.
Follow the steps below to configure and take full advantage of FINSYNC's organized, centralized way of sending and receiving payments.
Note: If you have already configure the settings below, you can proceed to the knowledge base article that explains the steps to Send a Payment or the article that explains the steps to Receive a Payment.
Confirm Account Settings for Receiving and Sending Payments
1. Log into FINSYNC, click the Company Profile in the upper right corner of the screen and click Account Settings.
2. Click Income on the menu on the left. Scroll down to the Accept Payments section.
3. Under the ACH section, review the account selected for Bank Account.
- You can change this account in the selection as needed.
- If a new account needs to be added, click ADD NEW BANK ACCOUNT.
4. To accept payments using a credit card or PayPal, scroll down to the CREDIT / DEBIT CARDS section.
- If you have an account with NMI, PayPal or Stripe you can connect with these services on this screen. You can view the article How to Accept Credit Cards or PayPal for detailed steps for this option.
- If you are a Banc Card customer, you see an option to connect with a Banc Card account. View the article How to Connect FINSYNC to Banc Card Virtual for detailed steps for this option.
Option for Banc Card customers:
5. Scroll down to the CHECKS section to confirm how you would like to accept any physical check payments. There are two options: Receive Checks Directly and Enable lockbox.By default, the Receive Checks Directly option is selected and your company's address is listed. If you would like to specify a different address, you can uncheck Use address from company profile and enter an alternate address.
When unchecking Use address from company profile the option appears to enter an alternate address.
An alternative to receiving physical checks by enabling the FINSYNC Lockbox feature.
- FINSYNC is unique in that your company can utilize FINSYNC's Lockbox service to receive and deposit checks that your customers send in the mail when paying invoices. The FINSYNC Lockbox is designed to help you streamline your financial operations and run a paperless office.
- With Lockbox enabled, your customers that desire to pay via check will see your Lockbox address on your invoices in their inbox and also if they click to pay online.
- Lockbox is an optional, paid service wherein you can use FINSYNC to receive and deposit checks to your default Income Bank Account.
- $1.00 per check deposited on your behalf through Lockbox.
- $1.00 per bill scanned on your behalf through Lockbox.
To enable the Lockbox feature, click the Enable lockbox option. You company name will appear with a specific FINSYNC Lockbox address.
Congratulations! You are all set to accept payments.
To learn more about sending and receiving payments, you can proceed to the knowledge base article that explains the steps to Send a Payment or the article that explains the steps to Receive a Payment.
Additionally, FINSYNC has mobile option available for payments. For details on this, please see the article Managing Payments from a Mobile Device.