There often arises instances of payments being sent from outside of FINSYNC. Because these transactions are not being initiated from within FINSYNC, the best practice is to manually create transactions to correspond with the transactions that will eventually be imported through the sync feature when those transactions clear.
Likely Scenarios that apply:
- Manually writing a physical check.
- Paying for items with cash that need to be tracked.
Note: FINSYNC's sync feature will look to match pending transactions (that are manually created) with transactions that are imported through the sync feature. When transactions have similar dates and exact amounts, the system will merge these transactions and remove pending statuses to ensure no duplicate transactions are created and proper reporting occurs.
To begin manually creating transactions, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Mouse over the Banking tab and select the account where the transaction needs to be created.
2. Click on the green New button.
3. Fill out all required fields (Payment/Debit, Description, Amount, Account type (CoA), etc.)
Note: Be sure to NOT enter in a Cleared Date.
Note: Place the check number in the Description line.
When the transaction actually clears the respective bank account, and the daily sync occurs, FINSYNC will merge the imported transaction with the manually created one.
- The Pending icon will be removed and a cleared date will be added to the transaction row.
On the rare occurrence that the transaction does not clear the actual bank account before the 21 day timeframe, FINSYNC will create a duplicate transaction. When this occurs, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Locate the synced transaction (not the one that was manually created). This transaction will also not have the Pending Icon.
2. Mouse over the ellipses at the end of the transaction row and select Match with Pending.
3. Locate the transaction from the table. Click on the row to select it and click on the green Match button.