FINSYNC does not allow you to attach receipts to payments directly. You must create a bill with an attached receipt and then match the payment to the bill.
Follow the steps outlined below:
1. Mouse over the Payments tab in the main menu and select Expenses from the dropdown.
2. The screen will default to the Payables section of Expenses. On the far right, hover over or click on New and click Bill.
Note: You can also click the + to the right of Bills on the left menu panel to create a new bill.
3. Complete at least the required fields on the bill: Vendor, Account, and Amount. Complete other fields as needed.
4. Click Attach File in the bottom right.
5. Find the receipt on your system and select it. An icon will appear beside Attach File to indicate the number of files attached.
Hovering over this icon will display the names of the files attached.
6. Click Save.
There will now be a bill in a temporarily unpaid state.
7. Hover over Banking in the main menu and click on the account or credit card account from which the payment funds were withdrawn.
8. Find the payment transaction and hover over or click the dropdown on its row on the far right. Choose Apply to Payable.
9. Find the bill in the list of unpaid bills and select the check box on the left side of the same row.
10. The green indicator should display "$0.00 Left." Click Match
Congratulations! You now have a payment matched to a bill with an attached receipt.