Like other Attributes, Projects are an integrated part of the FINSYNC platform. Use the project tool to understand how profitable a particular set of services to a customer was over a set period of time.
Note: Projects may be called by different names in different industries, such as engagements, build-outs, cases, properties and other terms.
Each project has a series of characteristics that make it unique including:
- Unique Name. You may wish to use an address if there is an on-site component.
- Customer. Choose from existing customers or add a new one.
- Due Date. The estimated time of completion of the project.
- Budget. How the project will be billed and the anticipated finances of the project.
- Expenses. Out of pocket expenses that can be allocated (linked) to a project.
- Associates. The members of your team that will be involved with the project. Associates can be both direct employees and contractors. You can track associate's time on each project.
- Phases. Each project can have a single phase or can be broken out into multiple phases
Ex: groundbreaking, foundation, framing, etc.
- Tasks. Anticipated labor carried out by your team on the project.
Additional Features allow you to do the following:
- Link Retainers to specific projects.
- Review Notes for administrators written by your associates regarding projects.
- Create Invoices from your projects using the FINSYNC system.
- Track Project Profitability: With a properly set up project, you can track how much money you actually made versus what you thought you would make. When the project is complete, you can use your final profitability to decide how you should budget for future projects.