Sales Orders are a great way to both provide your customer with full details of the contemplated transaction as well as offering a way of tracking for inventory and the sales associate who initiated the order.
Once your customer approves the Sales Order, an Invoice and Purchase Order are then automatically generated.
In order to start setting up Sales Orders, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Select the Quick Links Icon in the top right of the screen, and under Income select Order to directly access the Create New Order page.
2. On the New Order page you can fill out the required informational fields and send the order.
Information Fields to Address:
- Select a customer from the drop-down list (or add a new one).
- Add the needed amount of line items using the NEW LINE tab.
- Select on item(s) from the catalog dropdown.
- The Unit Price defaults to the pricing you have set from your catalog respective to the item/service. If an item does not have a set price or needs to be edited, do so from this section.
- Adjust the quantity as needed for each item.
- Set the sales tax (if applicable).
- The Notes section is optional.
- Enter the expected Delivery Date.
3. You are now ready to click Send Order now or Save Order for a later date.
4. Once you click Send Order you will receive this final confirmation: